Thursday, March 20, 2014

Girl Scouts, no time to sew!

Hello everyone!  Some of you may have been wondering where I have been, and why I haven't posted anything recently, or apparently done much sewing for months.  Or maybe you haven't, but I'll tell you anyway.  :D  Two Words:
Girl Scouts

Back in October, my daughter wanted to join Girl Scouts (she is in 1st grade now), and there were not enough local troops for all the new girls who wanted to sign up.  So I thought I could try being a Girl Scout Leader.  Whew boy, it takes up a LOT more time than I realized it would.  I love it though!  I wish I could do again next year, but sadly just one year of this makes me realize I am not (currently) able to handle this much volunteer work.

So for October through about Christmas, I still managed to have a non scouting life, and even sewed my daughter a new long sleeved knit top, and started a dress for myself, but then Cookie Season arrived, and really...just wow.  For over a month, my life was overtaken by Girl Scout cookies.  Yes, I have a cookie mom, and I owe her a lot for storing them and helping with booths and deliveries.  However, the rest of the work was still quite overwhelming. I could hardly wait until it was over and we were just back to the fun of meetings and outings and earning badges. :)


Thousands (literally!!) of boxes of cookies later, I'm still kicking.  It took a full week to recover, but I finally feel like looking at my sewing machine again! I'll need it to let out some pants; I think I put on 5 lbs eating all those delicious, delightful, but argh is it over yet? cookies. 

So that dark green jacket made from the lovely denim that Marec so kindly sent me WILL get made.  And I'll finish that white dress that has been sitting on my sewing table for something like 3 months.

Fabric stash, here I come! :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like Girl Scouts was/is a huge success! Good luck in getting back to your sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete