The top is 2 layers of the sheer, sequin print mesh underlined by purple satin. I don't think any of the pictures do it justice, it is such a pretty, iridescent fabric, perfect for a jellyfish!
Getting the tentacles on the outside was also a challenge. I had to sew them into the center of each dart BEFORE I sewed the darts shut, but leave enough of the end of the dart open that the tentacles didn't get caught when I sewed the whole thing onto the bottom.
BTW, this entire project was inspired by a puppet we checked out at our local library. I didn't coy it exactly, but it was a major source of inspiration for the design. Liz just wanted a stuffed animal though, no puppet, and I'm thankful for that!